LONG RANGE PLAN 2017-2022
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
TO PROVIDE PROGRAMS TO CHILDREN OF ALL AGES IN OUR COMMUNITY THAT WILL STIMULATE AND ENCOURAGE THEIR INTEREST IN READING.
1. Continue to increase the use o the children's area in the library.
2. Maintain and increase summer library program attendance.
3. Encourage the use of our website as a means of discovering new books to read.
1. The library will continue with Crafternoons, dance parties, movie days, and add other ideas that the youth are excited about.
2. The library will offer "staff picks" for favorite books, and also highlight Newberry and Caldecott winners popular series, and classics.
3. The library will continue the weeding and collection development stategies in the children's section that we have implemented with the adult and YA sections.
TO ENHANCE THE LIBRARY AS A COMFORABLE AND ENGAGING PLACE FOR ADULTS TO MEET AND INTERACT WITH OTHERS IN THE COMMUNITY.
1. Increase adult usage of the library.
2. Improve adult book use.
3. Provide more programs for adult entertainment and information.
1. Offer adult summer reading program along with the youth.
2. Continue to hve puzzles, word searches, crosswords, etc. for adults to use.
3. Collect survey info specifically about programming for community adults.
4. Offer programs based on feedback from community adults.
TO PROVIDE AN ATTRACTIVE, COMFORTABLE, AND FUNCTIONAL BUILDING FOR PATRON USE
1. Provide a comforable environment in all areas of the library
2. To increase in-house materials use
3. Brighten the children's area
1. Acquire more comforable youth furniture
2. Increase game and puzzle colleciton for both youth and adults
3. Add table lamps, throw pillows, etc, to provide comfort while reading, pla ying games or watching movies.
TO PROVIDE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ABOUT LIBRARY ACTIVITIES
1. Increase library material usage
2. Increase use of library website
3. Increase attendance at library functions
1. Utilize our Facebook page to make frequent annoucements, including events, new books, new DVDs, and staff picks
for advertising books.
2. Keep wbsite updated
3. Publicize website and Facebook page
4. Publicize our excellent online resources (Gale, Credo, Transparent Language, Chilton, Learning Express Library,
5. Regularly dispalay posters and utilize the local paper for library announcements.
For each goal, at least one (1) corresponding action myst be compeleted by October 2018.
Annual review by the Board of Trustees will tweak the plan to ensure the library is on tacke to meet theses goals with the 5-year range. Sdhould all listed goals be met, or need to be changed before that time, a new long-range plan will be drawn up. Community input will be collected as part of plan revision.